In 1616, a church of Brother Pedro Buitriago was built on the site of Choroni. As a colonial village it was recognized in 1622 by the Spaniards. Initially, it was difficult to reach by land due to the lack of a road through the rainforest. Today, this rainforest forms the National Park Henri Pittier, named after the Swiss scientist Henri Pittier.
>>> READ MORE